By including green tea with lemon in our breakfasts we manage to alkalize the body and promote the absorption of nutrients. In turn, it is very suitable to reduce the accumulation of fat.
Green tea with lemon is a very suitable morning remedy that many people already include in their diet. It is a natural treasure of vitamins and antioxidants that will help you start the day in a wonderful way.
With an intense flavor, citric aroma, and an acid touch, green tea with lemon is one of those drinks whose benefits are perceived almost instantly: it provides well-being, energy, and that optimism that we need in our mornings.
If you haven’t tried it, we encourage you to start tomorrow. These are the reasons to do it. Do we take note?
Benefits of consuming green tea with lemon
Green tea, as you already know, is one of the most widely consumed beverages in the world. Its natural source of antioxidants and other phytonutrients makes it very suitable to consume between 2 and 3 cups a day.
However, it is common that, in the morning, to further enhance its effects, green tea is added a little lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey. In this way, we get an energy drink with good benefits for our health.
Green tea with lemon, a great ally
Drinking green tea with lemon improves our digestion and favors the proper absorption of nutrients. According to a study published in the Purdue University magazine, something as simple as adding the juice of half a lemon can help us in the following way:
- Green tea improves its benefits if vitamin C from lemon is added.
- Lemon makes the catechins present in green tea not volatilize upon reaching the stomach, but rather creates an alkaline environment that takes care of many of our basic functions.
- If we get used to drinking green tea with lemon on an empty stomach, we further enhance this process, since the catechins, far from degrading, reach the intestine to facilitate the absorption of nutrients.
Green tea with lemon recommended for weight loss
Green tea with lemon can be a good supplement to facilitate the loss of body fat.
- Thanks to the high content of antioxidants, flavonoids, and especially of a compound present in green tea called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), it allows us to take care of our heart and reduce the accumulation of fat.
- According to a study published in February 2013 in the Journal of Medicinal Food, drinking two cups a day of green tea with lemon helps to lose body weight, as long as we accompany it with a balanced diet and continuous exercise.
It is worth keeping in mind.
Green tea with honey and a little lemon
- We pointed it out at the beginning: adding a teaspoon of honey (7.5 g) potentiates the natural properties of green tea and lemon. This remedy will be more effective if we take it on an empty stomach.
- Honey is an incredible source of vitamins A, B, and C, antioxidants, and minerals such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, copper, and zinc.
- As a fact to take into account, we will tell you that experts recommend consuming the darkest honey, such as heather. It is richer in antioxidants and antibiotic properties: ideal to help fight colds and flu.
How to prepare a green tea with lemon
- 1 teaspoon of dried green tea leaves (5 g)
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon of heather honey (7.5 g)
- 1 glass of water (200ml)
- It is very simple. As we always recommend when making infusions. It will be more appropriate to prepare the tea with a ceramic or clay teapot.
- We will start by heating that glass of water. Once it reaches a boil, we will add the teaspoon of green tea (or the infusion bag).
- Let it sit on the heat for about 15 minutes, allow it to cook for another 5 minutes. Then strain the contents and serve.
Once in the cup, you only have to add the juice of half a lemon or a few drops if you do not prefer it so strong. Sweeten with a little honey and take it preferably on an empty stomach, right after getting up.